Stay Safe this Summer with a Smart Home
Summer is finally here. The weather is warm, and it is time to enjoy quality time with your loved ones. Here are some seasonal tips to make sure everyone has fun, stays safe, and you save some money!
Keep kids and pets safe under the sun
It is important for kids and pets to get outside and run around while the weather is nice! Unfortunately, a fun day can turn quickly when pools and other playground equipment become dangerous.
- Inspect all outdoor equipment annually for broken or sharp edges, loose bolts, platforms, or guardrails and clear any tripping hazards.
- Make sure those who cannot swim stay in the shallow end of the pool and a supervising adult is present when small children are playing outside.
- Keep an eye on what’s happening in the backyard. Be alerted via smart video monitoring if kids enter a restricted area, like a tool shed, or leave the yard.
Keep your home safe
Did you know that homes become more vulnerable in the summer? Between longer daylight hours, homeowners going on holiday and more people being outside, summer is a burglar’s favorite season.
- If you take a vacation, post about it online after, rather than letting folks know you’re going to be out of town.
- Let your smart home keep an eye on things. You can get an immediate alert if a door or window is opened at an unusual time or while you’re on vacation.
- Make sure your cameras are visible to help deter any prowlers who pass by.
Keep the chill in
When temperatures soar this summer, make sure your energy bill doesn’t overheat. A smart home keeps you comfortable while saving energy.
- Stop cooling the neighborhood! Your smart home can automatically adjust the thermostat when a door or window has been left open.
- Forgetting to turn down the AC while spending time outdoors? Your geo-location can adjust the thermostat to save energy while you’re away and make it comfortable when you arrive.
- Worried about an AC breakdown during the next heat wave? Your smart home can monitor the health of your HVAC system and send alerts if there are emerging problems.
Interested in a smart home solution?
Click the button below to connect with a local service provider today.
150 A Street Suite 104 Needham, Massachusetts 02494